I put my 1984 Subaru GL Turbo 4WD wagon up for sale. She’s been a great car, but I must let go. She’s having too many engine difficulties for me to deal with.
For those that don’t know me, this has been my baby for more than a year. I love this little car and its going to be hard to let her go. She has had many names. Elly, the Little Red Wagon, the Band Wagon, etc. The car has a ton of my blood and sweat in it (ew gross).
With any luck though, a Subaru buddy (The Yeti on the boards, whose real name is Jay) will buy it tomorrow. I know if he buys it, it will go to a good home where she will get the proper work she needs.
So the list of cars I have ever owned:
- 1989 Ford Tempo GL
- 1986 Chevrolet Celebrity
- 1996 Toyota Paseo
- 1988 Subaru XT6
- 1986 Subaru XT Turbo
- 1988 Subaru GL Station Wagon
- 1984 Subaru GL Turbo Station Wagon
- 1989 Subaru GL Coupe
You can see the car in question is number 7. Number 8 was my brother’s old car, I owned for 2 months at the most, so it doesn’t really count much.
So to conclude, I’m in the market for another car. I want a reliable econobox that gets decent gas mileage for < $1800 which appears to be close to my maximum budget.
Cars I particularly want:
- EA82 (1985+) Subaru GL/Loyale Station Wagon, must be 5 speed, must be SPFI, FWD or 4WD (this is like number 6)
- 1988+ Subaru XT non-Turbo, non-6. FWD or 4WD, must be a 5 speed
- EA82 (1985+) Subaru GL Coupe, must be 5 speed, must be SPFI, FWD or 4WD (this is like number 8.)
- Toyota Tercel or Paseo. My Paseo was a great car, just perhaps a little too small.
- Any other reliable asian econobox. Hatchbacks preferred, must have decent cargo space.
I hope I don’t keep killing cars like this.