Here’s a short list of tips for riding in the snow:
- Layer up. You want to be cold when you first step out, but not too cold. Your body will generate its own heat.
- Get some full coverage fenders. Your bicycle will kick up a lot of crap and you don’t want that on your components or your person.
- Give yourself ample time. At least twice if not three times as long of time to get from A to B. You will go much, much slower.
- Light your bike up like a Christmas tree.
- Studded tires aren’t exactly necessary, but they help.
Keep some of this in mind, and you too can have fun in the snow.
Check out the guys at IceBike.org. They have some great tips and stories.
Above all, stay safe!